2022 Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide
It’s almost that time of year again—the often dreaded Mercury retrograde. Why scared? Read on for a fuller exploration of what it means when the planet of communication appears to be moving backwards. You’ll also find some notes on the mechanics of retrograde planets in general.
But you should know that every retrograde of Mercury is not a nightmare. Mercury’s zodiac sign and its relationship to other planets help us tell its personal story especially.
Mercury retrograde forecast
10 September – 1 October 2022
Whether it is retrograde or not, Mercury tells us where the collective “mind” is. Mercury retrograde running into indecision, both-sided Libra—which focuses the early part of this retrograde on partnership and finding balance. Inaccuracy or misinformation can impair the flow of information around the home, workplace and social networks.
As Mercury moves from Libra and back into Virgo 2 OctoberIt is expected that information and activity will temporarily slow down, and the weather may cool slightly.
Mercury retrograde The most interesting is going to happen, as Mercury joins with a few other planets in late September – early October.
Mercury trine Pluto September 23 – October 6
Mercury trine Pluto is usually a one-day event. But this time, it’s a 2 week process!
Whether it is retrograde or not, Mercury tells us where the collective “mind” is. When Mercury joins Pluto, it’s a potential problem-solving extravaganza. Mercury’s extra-long trinity to mighty Pluto intensifies collective conversations and shifts our attention to deeper, deeper stories, controlling dramas, and issues of life and death.
Pluto has had some tough times lately (Hello, 2020), but it’s been all love and kisses from Jupiter in early May, a 2-week dance with Mercury in earthy Taurus in spring—and now There is a repetition of that dance.
This Pluto connection can tune you in with secrets, hidden drives, deep inspirations and insights that you may not have realized before. This is a good time to put your detective skills to work solving a problem, researching a topic in depth, or doing some inner healing work.
This pairing at the end of their respective signs can help you ground yourself, recalculate, and let go of an old idea, y attitude, or stubborn obsession. The end of signs is about digging deep and letting go. Grab the bull by the horns and explore your own deep cause.
Mercury and Pluto on Earth zodiac signs Virgo and Capricorn turn the green light around practical concerns, such as securing a new job, starting a construction project, or choosing a savings or retirement plan. This is also a golden opportunity to reach out and help others.
Mercury is related to wind and weather. You’ll often see strong winds and strange weather patterns around Mercury events, especially the beginning or end of a retrograde period. With the added potential of geological activity, as these connections appear in Earth signs at the end of the retrograde period.
How does retrograde Mercury affect you?
Mercury retrograde at work
- Text-Astro! Double-check all outgoing messages before sealing the envelope or hitting the “Send” button.
- Errors, typos, crossed wires and other communication errors can occur. See the improvement on the days marked along the bottom.
- Connectivity issues, traffic and schedule changes are typical signs of Mercury retrograde. If you can, set the light on the days marked along the bottom. (There are none this time!!)
- If you find it difficult to move forward on a writing or communication project, try going backwards! Review, update or edit your old work. This can be especially fruitful on the days marked by.
- Refer to the previous notes and plans for the answer. You can rediscover a valuable nugget in your old files, notes and archives.
Mercury Retrograde in Close Relationships
- Finding common ground can be difficult.
- Communicate carefully to avoid misunderstandings.
- You may reconnect with a partner or competitor from the past.
Mercury Retrograde and Your Health
- If you’re feeling unsure about a diagnosis or treatment plan, keep asking questions. Make sure you understand and agree to the plan before proceeding.
- Use this period to research treatment options or get a second opinion. Especially on the days marked with the bottom.
- Diagnostic tests may be inconclusive or may need to be repeated later.
- If you are sensitive to airborne toxins or allergens, change the air filter and take the necessary precautions to protect yourself.
- Mercury rules children, siblings, and pets; children and critters may need extra attention.
Mercury Retrograde Spring 2022 Key Dates
- Mercury enters its retrograde shadow: 20 August 2022
- I Mercury opposite Neptune: August 21
- Mercury Trine Pluto (1): August 22
- Mercury enters Libra: August 25
- Mercury opposite Jupiter (1): September 2
- Mercury turns retrograde at 08° Libra: September 9
- Mercury retrograde opposite Jupiter (2): September 18
- Retrograde Mercury entering Virgo: 23 September
- Retrograde Mercury Conjunction Venus: 26 September
- Retrograde Mercury Trine Pluto (2): September 27
- Mercury turns directly onto 24° Virgo: October 2
- Mercury Trine Pluto (3): October 6
- Mercury re-enters Libra: October 10
- Mercury opposite Jupiter (3): October 12
- Mercury moves out of its retrograde shadow: October 17
- Via Molly’s Astrology Calendar
What is Mercury retrograde?
I think Mercury retrograde is probably the number one “gateway” event that draws people beyond horoscopes to the reality of astrology. I haven’t done a formal survey on this. But it is one of the easiest astrological phenomena to see in real time. for one thing, Its effect on everyday things is very obvious, So that even people who are not “in” in astrology can connect with it. And this happens regularly every four months. Like a familiar friend (or frenemy).
In astrology, Mercury represents communication, logistics, and the daily, mundane details. Mercury retrograde is the time when small things can become big things, Computer barfs. Car barfs. Cat Barfs. Internet connection goes out. There is confusion regarding the schedule. You can’t find the piece of paper you need. The traffic is terrible. The cat barfs at the computer… there are literally a million little details that can blow up and make you slow down, adjust and see things in a whole new way.
Don’t think of it as a flashing red light instructing you to crawl into a hole and do nothing. Think of it as a flashing yellow light. slow down. take your time. Mercury is the planet of communication, transportation and ideas, as well as the daily logistics of our lives. So be flexible.
Many people will tell you not to sign any kind of contract during Mercury retrograde. that’s silly. But you need to slow down and take your time. Read the fine print, and write down any contingencies in the contract before signing. Take your time even with major equipment or software upgrades.
The “backtracking” experience has its benefits. Use Mercury retrograde to revise a writing project or artistic work from the past. Or review your notes. Revisit the plans for your home, your garden, whatever. Or see an old friend. This is a good time to catch up.
If you can find a place to slow down, let go of expectations, and go with the flow, you can accomplish something very important. You can pick up an important thread from the past. You will then be well informed, rehearsed and ready to move on once again from the other side.
Retrogrades pull the energy towards the past.
A retrograde planet takes a step back, revisiting the area it previously covered. Retrogrades draw your energy to the past. When Mercury is retrograde, it is your thinking, communication, day to day activities. You may find something you thought you lost, visit an old friend or colleague, or discover something valuable in an old notebook or computer file.
(You can also go back and touch on your astrology skills a Basics Review.,
Fill in the framework you’ve built in the past when things were moving at a brisk pace. Develop those ideas. This is not the time to write new chapters. It’s time to make the edits you have.
Retrogrades pull the energy inward.
It can be difficult to find reliable information during Mercury retrograde, but you make up for it with inner awareness! Focus on deeper issues during Mercury retrograde. Let your dreams and meditations inform you. Go back and ask the “why” question. Look beyond superficial clutter to the internal root causes of thorny issues.
In sports, retrograde Mercury gives an edge to the underdog. I think the “Dalit effect” should apply in other cases as well.
Imagine Mercury as a character who must walk backwards for a while. Moving backwards is harder than forwards because the pattern is opposite to your normal one. You have to slow down and pay more attention to what you are doing and where you are going.
What’s the use of walking back? You get a new perspective. You use different muscle groups and nerve pathways. It’s so easy to see where you’ve been, and what you missed or overlooked along the way, when you were speeding in the other direction, a different part of your brain was triggered.
So take your time when Mercury is retrograde. Don’t be too hasty to decide or “explode the puzzle piece” to make it fit. If you try to push the barrel forward at the same speed you normally would, you could end up on your butt! But if you respect the energy and work with it, you can get a lot out of Mercury retrograde.
What does it mean that Mercury is retrograde?
A planet retrograde means that it appears to be moving backwards from our point of view on Earth. The opposite of retrograde motion (or Rx for short) is direct motion. Of course, Mercury isn’t really going backwards. It is an optical illusion. Take Mercury retrograde for example. Mercury revolves around the Sun faster than us. Every 4 months, it passes us by. Here on Earth, we see Mercury going backwards for three weeks.
When you were a kid, did you ever go on long car trips, lay in the back seat, and stick your feet out the window? If a big car or truck passed you, it felt like you were going backwards. The retrograde motion is as follows.
More about retrograde planets with diagrams: Retrograde planets